Kobe

Kobe
Kobe, Japan

Monday, December 22, 2014

Letter 4 - 'Twas the Email Before Christmas

[Note from Mom: I’m not sure whether you'd call it a premonition or not, but I had a feeling something would go wrong this week. After all, we had another Christmas call to set up. Technically, you might call it déjà vu. Just like last year, we were at the Heimuli family Christmas party at Uncle Hema's (yep, Dad, Harry & Aunty Nei were there again, too) when the email-before-Christmas got messed up...again. If you’re new to the blog, or just need a reminder and a good chuckle, go ahead and click on this link. Though some things are different, one thing's still the same -- I love being a missionary mom, even if it's only for 4 more weeks.]

***

On Sunday, December 21, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Haruna Ichikawa wrote:
Hey mom,
So my email`s not working and I`m using my companion`s email for a minute. I had a great week! What`s going on with Christmas? Are we skyping? Are you calling? Email me asap.
Love you!

***

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Pania Heimuli wrote:
I sent you my email hours ago. Do you want me to send it to ichikawas email. Here it comes. 

***

On Sunday, December 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Haruna Ichikawa wrote:
Yes Ichikawa shimais. I can`t use my email. Thanks for resending. The skype should work. If you are all at Hema`s house and use his internet it will work. I only have 40 minutes. I will use your skype account and you guys use hema`s skype account or something. Is that okay? My number is 080-____-____ do you know how to do the whole international dial thing? I think you would dial 088-81-80-____-____. Can we do Skype at 11 am, Dec 26th my time? Which is 7 pm your time on Dec 25th Christmas?

***

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Pania Heimuli wrote:
I just sent 2 emails to ichikawas email address. Did you not get them? One was my weekly letter. The other was about hearing your Christmas song playing on FM100 today. Yes we can call you at that day/time. Love you. 

***

On Sunday, December 21, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Haruna Ichikawa wrote:
Yes I got it! Thanks mom! Here`s a couple pics from the week. Sorry I can`t write a full email. I`ll talk to you guys soon anyways ;)
I think that`s funny that my song is still playing on the radio! bwahahaha I was so young. Okay I`ll be waiting on Skype for you guys :)

Pics!
Making cookies as Christmas presents for our ward and investigators.
Kento kyoudai and I getting our stomachs ready for the Shokujikai after church.


This is how we do Christmas dinner here in Japan!
Nanami chan and Brother Ito creepin in the back.
My comp is adorable. I love this little 4th transfer missionary!
***

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Pania Heimuli wrote: 
She is so pretty! Is your email messed up because I registered you for Institute and had to do it on LDS.org? So your new login is ______ and your password is ______. Try that. Sorry. 


[And that was it. Ugh. Can't wait to Skype on Christmas night! J]

No comments:

Post a Comment